- This event has passed.
V-Day Virtual Cooking Class
February 14 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$25
We’re putting the “V” in Valentine’s Day this year with a Virtual Cooking Class! It’s been said that the best way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, so grab your sweetheart, gather up your kiddos, get your squad together, or treat your pets to some chef-approved scraps and join us solo to celebrate love the best way we know how – with unforgettable food! Wherever you are in the world, whoever you love, and however you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day – you’re more than welcome to join us.
- Shaved asparagus, fennel, and pear salad with shallot vinaigrette
- Truffled lobster mac & cheese
- Dark chocolate dipped prosecco strawberries
Join us in preparing and plating a dazzling, decadent, delicious meal right from your own home kitchen! Our chef will teach you how to:
- Break down a whole lobster
- Make a rich, creamy béchamel – one of the Mother Sauces from French cuisine – as the foundation for your mac & cheese
- Temper (melt and cool) chocolate like a pro
How it Works:
Once you register, we’ll send you a list of required ingredients and equipment – all of which can be easily sourced from your home kitchen or local market. We’ll also share instructions for setting up your station and any prep to have done before class starts, along with a Zoom link to join us live for the event so you can beam into our virtual kitchen studio from wherever you are.
During the class, we’ll lead everyone through quick introductions and get to work cooking and plating a delicious, restaurant-quality dinner. Guests will follow along while the chef demos techniques and provides step-by-step cooking instruction live on-screen. You’ll also get real-time feedback on your culinary creations and personal assistance whenever needed!
After class, we’ll stick around to enjoy a delicious candlelit dinner with anyone who wants some V-Day company and conversation!
What You’ll Need
- A computer and camera that can be stationed where you’ll be cooking
- An internet connection and free Zoom account
- Required ingredients and basic cooking equipment
- A sense of humor and enthusiasm for learning
- An adult beverage of your choice (if you indulge) – this is every chef’s secret to good cooking!
What You’ll Learn
- Professional chef techniques for preparing and plating a meal
- Steps for creating specialty sauces and seasoning
- A chef’s recipe and the skills to recreate it any time
- Strategies for plating and garnishing like a pro
Cost & Requirements
- $25.00 per screen for an interactive, engaging, virtual cooking class experience with personalized instruction and feedback, along with the chance to connect socially with other aspiring cooks.
- We recommend one screen for every pair. In our experience, it’s helpful to have a separate computer set-up and logged-in to the virtual class at every cooking station, with no more than 1-2 people at a station, so everyone can follow along with the chef live on-screen. We also suggest limiting to one source of audio in the room to avoid that annoying echo effect.
- Participants will also need to purchase required ingredients in advance of class – all of which can be sourced at your local market – and provide basic household cooking equipment.